Freestyle Libre 2 Sensor 14-Day Supply
The Libre 2 enables the user to obtain continuous, discrete blood glucose readings without the constant hassle of carrying and disposing of lancets and test strips. The Freestyle Libre 2 is a Flash CGM (Continuous Glucose Monitoring) system that is worn on the back of the arm and automatically tracks glucose levels day and night.
The Libre 2 system has two simple components: (1) sensor and (2) reader or a compatible smartphone. The sensor placed on the body will send continuous readings to the user’s Libre 2 Reader or paired smartphone.
- 1 Freestyle Libre 2 Sensor – 14 day
- 1 Sensor applicator
- 2 Alcohol wipes
- Product information card
- Libre 2 Reader NOT included
- Continuous Glucose Monitoring 24/7
- Wearable 14-day easy-to-apply sensor
- Instantaneous readings from the Libre 2 Reader (not included)
- Ability to pair with a smartphone through the FreeStyle Libre 2 App
- Audible high & low glucose alarms
- Small, discrete & scannable through clothing
- Single use 14-day sensor
- Sensor glucose reading range: 40 to 400 mg/dL
- Size: 5 mm height and 35 mm diameter
- Weight: 5 grams
- Power source: one silver oxide battery (included)
- Sensor memory: 8 hours (glucose readings stored every 15 minutes)
- Transmission range: 20 feet unobstructed
- Operating temperature 50 °F to 113 °F
- Water resistant: IP27: Can withstand immersion into 3 ft of water for up to 30 minutes
Flash Continuous Glucose Monitoring
The Freestyle Libre 2 system is one of the only glucose monitoring devices to measure glucose levels every minute. When combined with the 14-day sensor, nearly unmatched levels of accuracy in a wearable CGM are provided. This means that a total of 1,440 readings per day ensure the user is always aware and in control. An optional audible alarm notifies the user through the Libre 2 reader. With a simple swipe of the device real-time measurements and trends are viewable.
Applying the Freestyle Libre 2 Sensor
By following just a few easy steps and you will be on your way to begin monitoring your glucose levels with the Libre 2 system! The Libre 2 sensor is installed with the provided applicator.
Obtaining Readings with Libre 2 Sensor
To use the Libre 2 Sensor with iPhone, first install the official Libre 2 app from the appstore (Only the “Libre 2” app will work, LibreLink will not). Upon launching the app, a prompt will appear to connect the device. This video walks you through the process:
Replacing the Libre 2 Sensor
Each wearable Libre 2 sensor is good for 14 days of use upon application. After 14 days have passed the sensor will no longer provide a reading and will need changed.
Is Libre 2 Reader Needed?
Each Libre 2 Sensor will work with either the optional reader, or a paired smartphone through the Libre 2 iPhone app. You must have a Libre 2 reader or a compatible smartphone to receive the readings that the sensor collects.