Freestyle Libre 2 Reader
The Freestyle Libre 2 is a Flash CGM (Continuous Glucose Monitoring) system that is worn on the back of the arm and automatically tracks glucose levels day and night. The Libre 2 reader tracks real time readings, 8 hour trends, and high or low glucose alarms from a paired Libre 2 sensor. The Libre 2 empowers the user to obtain regular, discrete blood glucose readings without the constant hassle of carrying and disposing of lancets and test strips.
The FreeStyle Libre2 Reader Kit includes the following items:
- 1 Freestyle Libre 2 Reader
- 1 USB Cable
- 1 Power Adopter
- User Manual
- Quick Start Guide
- Quick reference Guide
The Freestyle Libre 2 Reader offers the following outstanding features:
- Continuous Glucose Monitoring 24/7 (with Libre 2 Sensor)
- Instantaneous readings with a touchless swipe of the reader
- Audible high & low glucose alarms
- Tracking of daily glucose trends over time
- Ability to work as a traditional blood glucose monitor with Freestyle Precision Neo Test Strips
- Blood glucose assay range: 20 to 500 mg/dL
- Dimensions: 3.75″ (95 mm) x 2.36″ (60 mm) x .63″ (16 mm)
- Weight: 65 grams
- Power source: one lithium-ion rechargeable battery (included)
- Battery life: 4 days of typical use
- Memory: 90 days of typical use
- Operating temperature: 50 °F to 113 °F
- Reader moisture protection: *Keep dry
- Display timeout: 60 seconds (120 seconds when test strip is inserted)
- Data port: Micro USB
- Power Adapter: Abbott Diabetes Care PRT25611
- USB Cable: Abbott Diabetes Care PRT21373 Length: 37 inches (94 cm)
Libre 2 Flash Continuous Glucose Monitoring System
The Freestyle Libre 2 system is one of the only glucose monitoring devices to measure glucose levels every minute. When combined with the 14-day sensor, nearly unmatched levels of accuracy in a wearable CGM are provided. This means that a total of 1,440 readings per day ensure the user is always aware and in control. An optional audible alarm notifies the user through the Libre 2 reader. With a simple swipe of the device real-time measurements and trends are viewable.
Setting up the Libre Reader
By following just a few easy steps and you will be on your way to begin monitoring your glucose levels with the Libre 2 Reader! The Libre 2 reader requires the Libre 2 Sensor for continuous readings.
Alarms on Libre 2 Reader
One of the biggest differences between the Freestyle Libre and Freestyle Libre 2 is the ability to set optional swipe free alarms that transmit to a paired reader or smartphone. Please note that the alarm device must be manually set up before use and stay within range of the sensor.
The system allows for three types of alarms:
- Low Glucose
- High Glucose
- Signal Loss
With Libre 2 you can set your own high or low alarms
With the Libre 2 you’re able to select your own low and high glucose levels. Low glucose alarms may be set between 60 mg/dL to 100 mg/dL. High glucose alarms may be set between 120 MG/DL to 400 DG/ML.
Using a Traditional Glucose Test Strip
The Freestyle Libre 2 Reader can provide glucose readings from the Freestyle Libre 2 Wearable Sensor or Precision Neo Test strips. That means you can always us a traditional test strip method to check your blood glucose levels.
The primary function of the reader is to provide 24/7 real-time readings, tracking and alarms when setup with the wearable Libre 2 sensor. However the reader also works as a traditional glucose (replying upon the finger pricking method) as needed.
When to use traditional test strips?
Freestyle advises using a blood glucose meter in the following situations:
- If you are experiencing symptoms that are not consistent with your glucose readings
- During the first 12 hours of wearing the sensor you may find the Freestyle Libre 2 Inaccurate
- If the reading does not include a number
- As a backup to the Libre 2 sensor
Libre 2 Reader vs. Smartphone
The Libre 2 Sensor will display readings, tracking, and alarms through either the Libre 2 iPhone App or the Libre 2 reader.
According to the Freestyle Libre 2 manual, “Before you start your Sensor, choose which device you want to use. If you start the Sensor with the App, you will be unable to use the Reader to check your glucose or receive alarms”.
Upon pairing a new Libre 2 sensor with either device be sure that the selected device will be accessible through the duration of the sensor life (14 days). As of the Libre 2 release, each sensor can only pair with one device (reader or smartphone).
Please note purchasing the reader allows for an all-in-one solution to get easy-swipe readings from the sensor, real time graphs from the previously stored 8 hours of readings, and optional alarms for high glucose, low glucose, and signal loss. Additionally, with the use of Freestyle Precision Neo Test Strips the reader provides a backup testing method as required.
Download the App
PRODUCT SUPPORT FOR THE FREESTYLE LIBRE 2 SYSTEM
Abbott Freestyle Libre 2 User Manual.
**This listing is for the reader only. The sensor must be purchased separately.
I ordered the wrong product. I needed the scanner for the freestyle libre 14 day sensor
Diabetic Plaza carries them and sent it to me fast, thank goodness because I cant call a time out on blood sugar.