Nova Max Plus Glucose and Ketone Meter
The Nova Max Plus Glucose/Ketone Meter uses advanced measurement technology to measure both blood glucose and ketone levels with the same meter. With both glucose and ketone measuring on the same monitor, Nova Max Plus is ideal for children or adolescents with diabetes, insulin pump users, and anyone with either type 1 or type 2 diabetes who uses insulin. Nova Max Plus automatically reminds the user to check the blood ketones whenever a blood sugar level is 250 mg/dL or higher.
Nova Max Plus measures glucose or blood ketone with a tiny, 0.3 microliter blood sample. Glucose results are available in 5 seconds. Ketone results are available in 10 seconds, using a separate ketone test strip. There is no coding for Nova Max glucose or ketone test strips.
Nova Max Plus meter works with Nova Max test strips. Nova Max glucose test strips require a very small amount of blood, just 0.3 microliters. Alternate site testing from either the palm or forearm is available for Nova Max glucose testing.
Nova Max Plus is easy to use and provides rapid results. Simply insert a glucose or ketone test strip and the meter automatically converts to the appropriate measuring mode. There is no coding required for either glucose or blood ketone monitoring. Glucose results are displayed in just 5 seconds, ketone results in just 10 seconds.
- Small Sample Size Needed
- Easy to Handle
- No Coding Required
- Alternate Site Testing
- Displays Glucose Results in 5 sec & Ketone Results in 10 sec
- Affordable and Reliable Glucose Meter
- Measures Glucose or Ketone
The Best Overall Glucose Meter
Nova Max Plus Glucose/Ketone Meter incorporates advanced technology for accurate and precise self-monitoring of blood glucose and ketones by people with diabetes. Nova Max Plus has the most comprehensive features for fast, easy, and error-free blood glucose and ketone monitoring.
Glucose and Ketones on the Same Meter
The Nova Max Plus Glucose Meter automatically converts itself to a Ketone meter by inserting the Nova Max Plus Ketone strip.
Why Ketone Measurements Are Important
- Diabetic Ketoacidosis (DKA) is a life-threatening metabolic complication of diabetes with a mortality rate of 2%-10% 
- DKA is the leading cause of hospitalization, morbidity, and death in children with type 1 diabetes 
- The use of a blood test for early detection of increased blood ketone levels can help to avert DKA [3,4,5]
- According to the ADA, blood ketone testing should be performed on sick days and whenever glucose is greater than 250-300 mg/dL.
- Laffel L. Endocrinol Metab Clin North Am 2000;29:707-723.
- Casteels K et al. Rev Endoc Metab Disord 2003;4(2):159-166.
- Laffel LM et al. Diabet Med 2005;23(3):278-284.
- Umpierrex GE et al. Treat Endocrinol 2003;2(2):95-108.
- Guerci B et al. Diabetes Metab 2005;31:401-406.
- ADA. Diabetes Care 2004;27:S91-103.
No Maltose Error
Nova Max Plus prevents falsely elevated glucose results due to non glucose sugars in the blood such as maltose. Test strips that use the glucose dehydrogenase PQQ methodology can have glucose errors due to maltose, galactose and xylose. Nova Max does not have these interferences since it does not employ the glucose dehydrogenase PQQ methodology.
Virtually Pain-Free 33 Gauge Lancets
Thinnest on the market – virtually pain free lancing –especially important for patients who test frequently.
You may use the Nova Max Control Solution to check that your meter and test strips are working correctly. It is important that you carry out this simple check regularly. For precise instructions please check the Nova Max manual provided in the meter box.