Freestyle Libre Reader
The Freestyle Libre Reader device is a compatible hardware that receives continuous readings from the Freestyle Libre 14 Day Sensor. The reader is light, compact, and user-friendly. With a built-in Freestyle Precision Neo test strip port for blood glucose testing, the reader offers versatility to assure you are in full control of your glucose levels.
With a backlit touchscreen and just one button, monitoring your blood glucose levels is quick and simple. Offering multiple features to help you monitor, the FreeStyle Libre Reader tracks and reports trends in your glucose levels to you. The Freestyle Libre 14 Day Continuous Glucose Monitoring (CGM) System takes the mystery out of diabetes and delivers peace of mind and freedom to the user.
- 1 Freestyle Libre Reader
- 1 USB Cable
- 1 Power Adopter
- User Manual
- Quick Start Guide
- Quick reference Guide
- 1 second scan results
- Backlit color touchscreen
- Can capture data within 1 cm to 4 cm of the sensor
- Sensor Glucose Readings
- Daily Patterns Graphs
- Low Glucose Event Monitor
- Time in Target Range Tracker
- “Check Blood Glucose Level” visual alerts
- No finger prick calibration necessary
- Glucose Reading Frequency: 1 Minute
- Memory Storage: 90 days
- FreeStyle Precision Neo test strip port: For use with only Freestyle Precision Neo Test Strips
- Battery Life: About 7 days between recharges, 3 hour charge time
- Languages: English and Spanish
Things Libre Reader Can Show You
- Sensor Glucose Readings
- The Sensor Glucose Readings screen appears after you use the reader or smartphone‡ to scan your sensor. Your reading includes your current glucose reading, a glucose trend arrow indicating which way your glucose is headed, and a graph showing your 8 hour glucose history.
- Daily Patterns
- A graph showing the pattern and variability of your sensor glucose over a typical day. The thick black line shows the midpoint of your glucose readings. The gray shading represents a range of your sensor readings. (Requires minimum 5 days of data)
- Low Glucose Events
- This view provides information about the number of low glucose events measured by your sensor. The total number of events is displayed above the graph. The bar graph displays the low glucose events in four different 6-hour periods of the day. Use the arrows to view your glucose data collected over the last 7, 14, 30, or 90 days. Low glucose events are recorded when glucose readings are lower than 70 mg/dL for longer than 15 minutes.
- Time In Target
- Shows the percentage of time your sensor readings were above, below, and within your target glucose range.
- Visual Alerts
- If your glucose reading is rapidly changing, below 70 mg/dL or projected to be below 70 mg/dL, or if there is no glucose number or trend arrow, you will see a visual alert, the Check Blood Glucose symbol. When you see this symbol, do a blood glucose test before making treatment decisions.
Get Your First Reading with the Libre Reader
The reader can capture data from the sensor when it is within 1 cm to 4 cm of the sensor. Be sure to hold the Libre Reader in this range for accurate results. To turn the device on, press the blue button on the reader. Once turned on, all actions will take place on the easy-to-navigate touchscreen. Your first glucose reading may be taken one hour after the sensors activation. Scans may be taken through clothing.
Using a smartphone with the FreeStyle Libre 14-day System
The Libre 14 day sensors are compatible with both Apple and Android devices through the LibreLink app. The LibreLink app allows you to access your glucose readings and information in case you are without your FreeStyle 14 day Reader. Available on both Google Play and the App Store. Some devices may not be compatible, view the compatibility guide to check your devices compatibility.
From your smartphone you can view
- Current Glucose Reading
- Glucose Trend Chart
- 8-hour Glucose History
- Add notes to track food, insulin use, exercise, etc.