CareTouch Blood Glucose/Ketone Meter Kit
CareTouch Blood Glucose and β-Ketone Monitoring System is intended for the quantitative measurement of glucose in fresh capillary whole blood from the finger, and for the quantitative measurement of ß- ketone (beta-hydroxybutyrate) in fresh capillary whole blood from the finger. CareTouch blood glucose and ketone meter kit is designed to give you everything you need to begin testing your blood glucose and ketone levels at home right away.
CareTouch blood glucose and ketone meter kit Includes:
- 1 CareTouch glucose and β-ketone monitor
- * 10 CareTouch ketone test strips.
- 2 x AAA batteries
- 1 lancing device
- 10 lancets
- 1 Compact carrying case
- Instructions for use (read before use)
- Quick start guide
- Lancing device insert
* This kit does not include glucose test strips. CareTouch Test Strips are sold separately here.
* Control solution is sold separately. See CareTouch Ketone Control Solution Level2.
Regular monitoring of your blood glucose and ß-ketone levels can help you and your doctor gain better control of your diabetes. Due to its compact size and easy operation, you can use the Care Touch Blood Glucose and ß-Ketone Monitoring System to easily monitor your blood glucose and ß-ketone levels by yourself anywhere, any time.
Test Strips for CareTouch glucose and ketone monitoring system
For glucose testing you will need the CareTouch Test Strips.
For ketone testing you will need the CareTouch Ketone Test Strips, available in in 50 count & 10 count boxes.
CareTouch blood glucose/ketone meter kit has the following benefits over other brands:
- 10 Second Readings: Quick results without the waiting.
- 1000 memory: Memory storage capable of saving up to 1000 readings.
- Single Touch Strip Ejection: Hygienic disposal of your test strip, no contact necessary.
- Fast Test Results – 10 Seconds
- Small Blood Sample Size – 1.0ul
- Pre/Post-Meal Flagging1000 Test Memory
- 4 Daily Alarms
- Automatic Off
- Test Strip Release Ejector
- Model No: Care Touch
- Dimension: 96.5 (L) x 60.5 (W) x 22 (H) mm
- Weight: 67g
- Power Source: Two 1.5 V AAA alkaline batteries
- Display: LCD
- Memory: 1000 measurement results with respective date and time
- External output: Strip port cable communication
- Auto electrode insertion detection
- Auto reaction time count-down
- Auto switch-off after 3 minutes without action
- Temperature Warning
- Operating Condition: 50°F ~ 104°F (10°C ~ 40°C), 10% to 85%
- R.H. (non-condensing)
- Meter Storage/Transportation Conditions: -4°F ~ 140°F (-20°C ~ 60°C), below 95% R.H.
- Glucose Test Strip Storage / Transportation Conditions: 35.6°F to 86.0°F (2°C to 30°C), 10% to 85% R.H. (non-condensing), up to 21 months for un-opened vial
- ß-Ketone Test Strip Storage / Transportation Conditions: 35.6°F to 86.0°F (2°C to 30°C), 10 to 85% R.H. (non-condensing), up to 18 months for un-opened vial
- Glucose Measurement Units: Either mg/dL or mmol/L
- Glucose Measurement Range: 20 to 600 mg/dL (1.1 ~ 33.3 mmol/L)
- ß-ketone Measurement Units: mmol/L
- ß-ketone Measurement Range: 0.1 ~ 8.0 mmol/L
How to Use:
To use your CareTouch blood glucose and ß- ketone meter kit, always follow the instructions provided in the kit. See below for a quick overview:
- Insert a test strip to turn on the meter.
- Insert a lancet into the lancing device
- Hold the lancing device firmly against your finger. Press the release button.
- Hold the tip of the test strip to the drop of blood.
- After 10 seconds results will appear.
- Click to eject.
Reading Your Results
- Normally, levels of β-OHB are expected to be less than 6.0mmol/L.
- Readings between 0.6 and 1.5mmol/L may be problematic and can signal a problem.
- Readings higher than 1.5mmol/L are dangerous, and you should contact your healthcare professional immediately, as you may be at risk for diabetic ketoacidosis.